[FAQTS] Python Knowledge Base Update -- July 6th, 2000

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Thu Jul 6 08:18:18 EDT 2000

> ## Unanswered Questions ########################################

> Why is some strange charachters appearing  instead of norwegian
charachters in GUI of pythonwin build 132
> http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4590
> Nils Otto Johansen

    I'm not sure about 132 but 131 defaults to using Unicode for editing
Python source code and the interactive window. To stop this, open
Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py, find the OnInitialUpdate method and
comment out the two lines under "# Enable Unicode if we can". Save the file,
shut down Pythonwin and restart it and see if this fixes the problem.

   Neil