They let just anyone in (was: Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!))

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jul 27 09:21:23 EDT 2000

In article <8losor$4bk$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Jonathan  <theebh at yahoo.com> wrote:
			.
>But the irony now is that ZOPE will be 'opened' to PERL too. I have
>read through the 'debates' going on in the zope mailing list, but it
>still doesn't make sense - why allow Zope to be polluted by something
>that is clearly deficient? It's like allowing people to use sand
>instead of cement to build a house. (I haven't mastered Zope yet, so i
			.
			.
			.
No, it's like letting people native to Sandland
come and visit.  We treat them nicely while they're
in Pythonia, and wish them well.

They're already using sand for their houses.  They
don't need us to "allow" them.

Perhaps you see irony in that.

There's no pollution of Zope.  It's always been
quite flexible and open.  People use it for all
kinds of things, in all kinds of ways.  The Feds
don't run background checks for prior activity,
nor does anyone post a bond pledging only Python-
based advocacy.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net