POOP / Python (Object Oriented Persistence) ?

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 08:00:26 EDT 2000

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> As of very recently, __getattr__ and __setattr__ do mix with ZODB
> persitent objects :-)

Yeah!

(In fact, when writing that this was a snag of ZODB, I *nearly* also wrote
something like "but doubtless someone will provide a workaround for this
when it becomes too incovenient". I didn't because (a) my email was already
too long, and (b) I wasn't *sure* it was technically possible to make the
work round trivial for users. I shouldn't have worried - that time machine
can be so confusing.)

OK - I've lost one snag, so here's a new one (although much less
important) - it's not clear (from the web pages) how to install the ZODB if
one *doesn't* care about Zope in general - *presumably* one has to download
the standard Zope distribution and just answer some questions?

I still think someone should be pushing this more...

Tibs

--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
ZODB - "Nyah! Nyah! *My* variables last longer than *your* variables."