zip or marry etc

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Tue Jul 18 22:51:50 EDT 2000

Robin Becker wrote:

> I suppose there must be something desperately wrong with using the
> __mul__ for sequences to indicate the set pairwise product. I would
> certainly be for
>
> x,y in A*B rather than x,y in zip(A,B) or marry(A,B), but since * is the
> obvious operator it must be that someone else has reserved it.

We aren't looking for the set pairwise product (which I am taking as a
synonym for cross-product). We're looking just to pair up elements.

Just how compassionate can a Republican get before he has to leave the
GOP and join Vegans for Global Justice? ... One moment, George W. Bush
is holding a get-to-know-you meeting with a bunch of gay Republicans.
The next he is holding forth on education or the environment ... It is
enough to make a red-blooded conservative choke on his spotted-owl
drumstick.     - April 29th, Economist