Q: Concurrent versionning

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Tue Jul 4 23:03:01 EDT 2000

Hi again...

I'm looking into implementing a version control system on a database, so
that individual rows (of select tables) can be versionned.  (ie:  make a
copy of that row and increment the version field of the new one, then make
changes)

My question is regarding modules [or resources] that can detect and report
line-level or paragraph-level differences between two text files, very much
like the windiff tool provides.  Are there such things, out there, already
available?

Not only that, but (as I'm accustomed to the SLM - aka Slime - version
control system, the only one I've ever used) also the capability to merge
two textfiles and to elegantly report merge conflicts, very much like
"ssync" (again, part of SLM) will do.

Maybe this is simple enough to implement, and I just need to understand some
techniques in concurrent versionning, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!