Python 3000

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Tue Jul 25 08:32:49 EDT 2000

I asked the same exact question some time ago. Nobody knows. I don't
think Guido knows either ( allthough I hope he has some idea :-> ).
Now, Python after 1.6-beta cycle will be Python 2.0, not 1.7, if I'm
not mistaken.

Python 3000 will possibly have some new features etc. that will not be
compatible with 1.x or 2.x. Having seen how Python has evolved over
time I think you can be sure that Guido and his teammates know what
they're doing and that reasons for new, non-backward-compatible
features will outnumber the reasons for letting thing stay as they
are.

As of now, look forward to 2.0, and take everything said about the
future of Python with a truckload of salt. ;->

Thomas