UML Support for Python [was IDLE development - Call for participation]

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Aug 20 11:41:20 EDT 2000

In article <cokppsc6mutq7qeq8j0vh9sj1csk94h1sv at 4ax.com>,
Martin Rand  <mwr at hsl.tcp.co.uk> wrote:

>Protoyping and simulation strategies can help with all of these. So
>can diagramming, and often it's cheaper, cleaner and of more lasting
>value.

While I agree with you in the abstract sense, IMO we don't yet have
enough powerful, cheap, and ubiquitous compute/display technology to
make this a universal statement in the practical sense.  From my POV,
paper just doesn't work for this, and when it comes to real
collaboration, paper often ends up as the lowest common denominator.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson