UML Support for Python [was IDLE development - Call for participation]

Cees de Groot cg at gaia.cdg.acriter.nl
Thu Aug 17 16:54:16 EDT 2000

Warren Postma <embed at NOSPAM.geocities.com> said:

>Anybody agree with me? Anybody think I'm nuts?

Yes; I don't know.

UML is a nice common language for if you think you need to communicate
something to a colleague with a diagram. Often, a simple class diagram
or sequence diagram says more than a thousand words. A complicated
class diagram says considerably less, and full-fledged round-trip
engineering thingies tend to generate very complicated class
diagrams (like, if you print them, you can paste together 6 pages
for the diagram and still need a loupe to discern detail...).

My personal top wishes for IDLE:
- PyUnit integration (right-click a unit test and it runs, something
  like that);
- Smalltalk-like browser (I don't like the big tree, give me the
  multi-pane thing);
- Refactoring browser (droool...)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>