MySQLdb

Jan Walter walter.jan at t-online.de
Fri Aug 4 05:32:20 EDT 2000

Hi,

Do you know Blender ( http://www.blender.nl )? It's a free 3d animation
package
and game development tool and it has a Python API. I'm now responsible
for the
Python API and advanced features like NURBS. I wrote export scripts for
Blender
to Povray, RenderMan (BMRT), Radiance, Panorama and Lightflow Rendering
Tools (see http://www.q-bus.de/Blender for my former work on it). The
new versions are working on the database MySQL and are developed under
Linux. I'm not sure how to proceed for the Windows users. I read that
MySQL is GPL now even for Windows. But I need a Python module for the
database access (MySQLdb). Does it run on Windows? Do you know somebody
with experience in this field? It would be great to get some help with
this because I don't want to exclude Windows users for our free software
and Python should do the job platform independent ...

Thanks in advance ...

Cheers,

Jan