building modules in linux

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Aug 7 14:58:22 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 01:03:06PM -0400, Seung Chan Lim wrote:

> I'm trying to build a python module in linux, any pointers?

Which module ?

> I tried following the "building python modules in unix" step by step, but I
> got the following error

Linux is part of the UNIX family of operating systems, so it should work
just fine.

> %make -f Makefile.pre.in clean
> ', needed by `clean'.  Stop.rget `

This error message seems chopped off. 'what' is needed by 'clean' ? I also
believe the right way to make is 'make -f Makefile.pre.in boot', which
generates a Makefile, and then 'make' without an argument for the rest of
the process.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>