Recommendations please

searcher7 at my-deja.com searcher7 at my-deja.com
Fri Aug 18 11:38:48 EDT 2000

Nope. I'm a complete newbie.(And really don't understand what you
said). I've never used or seen anything outside of Windows. I mentioned
Freebsd because it is supposed to be the most stable operating system.
(Which is very important for a project I'll be working on).

Darren Harris (Searcher7 at mail.con2.com)

news:8nhhuv$n1l$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Thanks a lot! I'm looking into setting up Freebsd on my system.(I'm
> > trying to stay as far away from Windows as I can). So I'm hoping
this
> > won't be a problem.
>
> I guess you'll have to build from sources, after downloading
>     http://www.python.org/ftp/python/src/py152.tgz
> and following the build instructions therein.  If you're into
> FreeBSD, I would assume that building stuff from sources is
> not a problem for you (else, at the very least, you'd choose
> a free OS with more ready-built binary packages typically
> distributed for it, such as some Linux or other, right?).
>
> Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.