Newbie Q: Pythin scripting

Dave Van den Eynde dave at groovbird.com
Sat Aug 5 19:28:45 EDT 2000

Ok,

I've read all your comments, and thanks for such quick help. However, the
'hello world' script simply works.. like

#!/usr/bin/python

print "Hello world\n"

This works! It's when I'm trying this script that is the 'goal' that it
doesn't work. Probably it has to do with imports... this is the top header
of the script:

-- start of source
#! /usr/bin/env python

# ADSL.py - DANA authentication script using HTTP & Telnet.

# This authentication script supports both start|stop|restart, as a good
# /etc/rc.d/init.d script should do. This is NOT a background process.
# Once call has been established the telnet session will be closed.

import os
from httplib import HTTP
from telnetlib import Telnet
-- end of source

It doesn't work.. probably I'm gonna have to check wether my pythonpath is
set correctly, right?

Still, confusing how this error message and the one from bash are so alike.
Don't let me hear anyone say anything about confusing win32 error messages!

Dave