print statement and multithreading

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Aug 25 12:21:13 EDT 2000

In article <39A697FA.41ECBF8A at hursley.ibm.com>,
Paul Duffin  <pduffin at hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
>Aahz Maruch wrote:
>> In article <39A69194.A9B1131A at hursley.ibm.com>,
>> Paul Duffin  <pduffin at hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>While that may be true for people who are used to working with
>>>standards in there raw form I dount that the majority of people
>>>developing open source software would immediately think of the above
>>>when you said "ANSI C".
>>>
>>>They are more likely to think of the 2nd Edition of K&R.
>>
>> Yes, and that's what K&R2 is based on.  Direct lineage.
>
>So is K&R 2nd Edition the definitive definition of C that Python
>will use ?

I wouldn't say that it's "definitive" (because K&R2 is not the
definition of the standard, merely derived from it), but I would be
astonished if anything in Python 2.0 differed from what's described in
K&R2.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom": Londo and G'Kar  --Aahz