tkinter binding problem

Bob van der Poel bvdpoel at uniserve.com
Thu Aug 31 20:01:14 EDT 2000

I have a scrollable canvas with a bunch of entry widgets (a nice entry
grid). Right now I have several bindings for each widget (for various
keys). I thought it'd be faster, etc. to just have a binding for each
key apply to the entire canvas (which only holds the entry widgets) and
then have the callback figure out which widget is active and do the
appropriate thing.

Since the widgets are all in a frame (which was swallowed by the canvas)
I figured that:

	myframe.bind( event, callback)

would do the trick. It seems to get applied, but the callback is not
called.

Also, doing:

	mycanvas.bind( envent, callback)

does nothing either.

I thought I saw something on this here awhile ago, but can't seem to
find it now.

Thanks.

--
   __