help wanted with wicked new.*, parser.*, etc. black magic

Tripp Lilley tripp at perspex.com
Tue Aug 22 14:50:32 EDT 2000

Cees de Groot wrote:

> Tripp Lilley  <tripp at perspex.com> said:
> >Now, what I ultimately /desire/ to do, that I'm having no success in, is
> >to take a string describing a function, shove it in the database, and
> >later pull it out and attach it to an object, like above. So it becomes
> >this, instead:
> >
> What's wrong with using the marshal module? It's probably a stupid
> suggestion, but these are usually most effective when people are into
> deep problems ;-)

What's wrong with it? What's WRONG with it? I'll TELL you what's WRONG
with it... I forgot it existed, and what it did :) I had read its
description some months ago, when I first started getting myself into
this mess, and I've only recently picked the code back up after a long
hiatus.

So, in fact, marshal seems pretty perfect for what I want to do! Thanks
quite a bit!

--
Tripp Lilley * tripp at perspex.com *
http://stargate.eheart.sg505.net/~tlilley/