Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

echuck3 at my-deja.com echuck3 at my-deja.com
Tue Aug 22 13:49:05 EDT 2000

In article <8naum0023ss at news2.newsguy.com>,
  "Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
> "Paul Schreiber" <paul at magic.ca> wrote in message
> news:paul-88473D.23482814082000 at news.telocity.net...
>     [snip]
> > You can pick up python in a hour; all you need is a good reference
book
> > to look stuff up in. _Python Essential Reference_ is that book. :)
>
> Just one counterpoint to this probably-deserved accolade: if
> you go for 'Python Essential Reference', ensure the would-be
> reader has *good eyesight*.  It's printed in the smallest, thinnest,
> least-readable font one can imagine.  Probably no problem for
> all of you eagle-sighted kids, but me, I wore rather thick glasses
> even as a kid, and age doesn't help.  "The Quick Python Book" is
> my current favourite -- great mix of content, clear style, AND
> readable typography and layout (though, I guess, not as good a
> _reference_ as 'Essential', still, an excellent first book on
> Python for good programmers).
>
> Alex

I second that. Python Essential Reference has ridiculously small type.
If I wasn't lazy (at everything but coding), I would have definitely
returned it.

I've never even bought a computer book with print that small.

And I have good eye sight.  :-)

-Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.