Scripting the GIMP with Python

Phil Jordan jordan at dial.eunet.ch
Tue Aug 1 08:26:40 EDT 2000

hello

I am using GIMP 1.04, Python 1.5.2 on a linux-box.

I tried everything possible to make python-gimp (0.5) work with GIMP. I am
sure that Pygtk works: I can run the exemple on some web-page to get "hello
world" widget.

So, I missed something when compiling GIMP ; I tried to pass
the --enable-python argument to ./configure, no success, no Python-Fu in
database.

Can someone please help me in testing to understand where is my mistake ?

./configure --enable-python # is this right ?
make
make install

Thank You very much for any help

Jordan Phil jordan at dial.eunet,ch