Yet another Tkinter question

Daley, Mark W mark.w.daley at intel.com
Tue Aug 1 12:26:10 EDT 2000

OK, maybe there is something I'm missing, but I have a Scrollbar that is
misbehaving.  Here is the code snippet:

t = Text(root, height = 7, width = 38)
scroll = Scrollbar(root, command = t.yview)
t.configure(yscrollcommand = scroll.set)
t.grid(row = 6, column = 0, rowspan = 3, sticky = W)
scroll.grid(row = 6, column = 0, rowspan = 2, sticky = E)

When I do this, the scrollbar won't span over multiple rows.  If I change
the rowspan value, it changes the scrollbar's position relative to the top
of the window, as if I changed the row value.  Does anyone know anything
about this?

- Mark

The opinions expressed are mine, and are not necessarily those of my
employer.