ANN: version 1.0.0 of maillist.py

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu Aug 24 12:34:07 EDT 2000

In article <6fTo5.18717$i5.779516 at news1.rdc2.on.home.com>,
	"Support" <support at programmedintegration.com> writes:

>> not trying to be zynical here, but
>> is there a distinct reason why you did not make
>> use of Mailman (www.list.org) and wrote a mailinglist manager
>> yourself?
> I basically wrote MailList to learn more about Python.  It doesn't
> actually do any of the actual mailing, this will be done with another
> application we are developing in house on the Windows platform.
>
>> I mean Mailman ist written in Python and well tested.
>> It is not easy to write a good and stable Mailinglist manager.
> Nothing is easy, but it's nice to have a challenge.  It's also a nice
> way to learn a language.  Find a task and see if you can get it done.

I agree. Though there are so many nice and interesting tasks around,
that someone could help with. :)=

> Over the next few months we will be publishing quite a bit of
> Python code on our site.  It's nice to put something back in to
> the Python community.

And we apprecitate it.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)