ANN: version 1.0.0 of maillist.py

Support support at programmedintegration.com
Wed Aug 23 12:48:02 EDT 2000

> I like that you published your software.
Thanks.

> not trying to be zynical here, but
> is there a distinct reason why you did not make
> use of Mailman (www.list.org) and wrote a mailinglist manager
> yourself?
I basically wrote MailList to learn more about Python.  It doesn't
actually do any of the actual mailing, this will be done with another
application we are developing in house on the Windows platform.

> I mean Mailman ist written in Python and well tested.
> It is not easy to write a good and stable Mailinglist manager.
Nothing is easy, but it's nice to have a challenge.  It's also a nice
way to learn a language.  Find a task and see if you can get it done.
Over the next few months we will be publishing quite a bit of
Python code on our site.  It's nice to put something back in to
the Python community.