Still no new license -- but draft text available

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Thu Aug 3 16:54:29 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

>    4.17 Licensee agrees that Licensee's failure to channel the
>         true intent of any BDFL pronouncement, including, but
>         not limited to, the clauses in this License Agreement,
>         and for any reason whatsoever, including by way of
>         example, but not limited to, ungrammatical construction,
>         use of non-existent words, seeming self-contradiction,
>         or neglect on the part of the BDFL or his appointed
>         representatives to publicize said pronouncement, and
>         whether deliberate or accidental, shall not in any way
>         relieve Licensee of Licensee's obligation to comply fully
>         and cheerfully with aforementioned intent, which intent
>         the BDFL may from time to time choose to reveal, clarify,
>         modify, amend, obscure or withdraw, at His sole discretion
>         and pleasure, with or without notice to Licensee.  Licensee
>         further agrees that "foo" is an ugly word that should not
>         be used in Python code examples.

At the risk of being serious for a moment, I really can endorse that
"foo" thing.  Years ago, a boss of mine used to give a "fubar feather"
(note original navy spelling) to people who had fouled up.  So I spent
the first few years of my programming career trying to find mistakes in
all those "foo/bar" examples--all to no avail.  The spam/eggs examples
we use in Python are a whole lot better.

(though-not-to-be-confused-with-unwanted-e-mails-and-cholesterol
   -<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2
p.s.  My lawyer recommended you hyphenate "time-to-time", but don't
believe him: he's not licensed in Virginia.

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com