PYTHON IS CRAP

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Aug 15 22:01:43 EDT 2000

>>>>> "sp00fD" == sp00fD  <sp00fD at yahoo.com> writes:

sp00fD> Look at the number of books available for java though.  The
sp00fD> majority are specific to one topic (i.e. EJB or Swing, etc.).
sp00fD> It's often said that the number of books available controls
sp00fD> the usage of a language (which is somewhat of a chicken/egg
sp00fD> thing).  For me that's definitely true, but in the negative
sp00fD> sense.

This "book metric of languages" is a interesting observation.

I would say that the average Perl programmer has a pretty good
collection of books about how to contruct executable line noise.  At
least one of those books would always open on the desk next to the
programmer.

Contrast this with the average Python programmer who probably doesn't
even own a Python book - they don't need them.

- Dave