Tkinter color definitions

Richard Chamberlain richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 13 03:43:22 EDT 2000

Janos Blazi wrote:

> Can somebody tell me the name of the file that contains the color
> definitions for Tkinter (like 'rosy brown', etc.)?
>
> J.B.

> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Hi Janos,

I don't think you'll find them anyway in the code, I believe they are an
internal tcl/tk thing, ( although I think the colour names are X
related). In your tools folder you'll find a little application called
pynche which allows you to select colours and it returns the nearest Tk
colour by name. There is a file in there called namedcolors.txt which
lists the colours.

Richard