Tkinter color definitions

John Grayson johngrayson at home.com
Sun Aug 13 18:11:44 EDT 2000

In article <3996519A.89A2D7CB at ntlworld.com>,
  Richard Chamberlain <richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Janos Blazi wrote:
> >
> > Can somebody tell me the name of the file that contains the color
> > definitions for Tkinter (like 'rosy brown', etc.)?
> >
> > J.B.

> > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
>
> Hi Janos,
>
> I don't think you'll find them anyway in the code, I believe they are
an
> internal tcl/tk thing, ( although I think the colour names are X
> related). In your tools folder you'll find a little application called
> pynche which allows you to select colours and it returns the nearest
Tk
> colour by name. There is a file in there called namedcolors.txt which
> lists the colours.
>
> Richard

You'll find the colors defined in tk8.0.n/xlib/X11/xcolors.c.

You can also find a little Python program in the examples for
my book which displays all the colors. You can find it in the
utils subdirectory as colors.py You don't have to buy the book
to get the examples...

   www.manning.com/Grayson

   John Grayson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/