Sockets

karlsass at my-deja.com karlsass at my-deja.com
Mon Aug 28 07:09:42 EDT 2000

I have a set of spiders running on my system, The
spiders communicate
with a urlserver  & a processing server via
internal sockets. The
spiders are the only ones using Inet sockets. Yet
after a while of say 1 or 2
spiders, a urlserver and process server running ,
say for 3 hours, then
all of a sudden the system disallows any
connections to the outside, eg
inet sockets as well as Netscape cannot connect to
other web located
resources. The urlserver just recieves and sends
urls and the process
server just mines pages and fill a
secondary database. I am running red hat 6.2 on an
intel arch based
dell. It was bought 2 months ago. And
all daemons appear to be running, inetd, portmap,
etc..... Does any one
have any ideas about what is causing
the lockout or crash. The only way to solve it to
reboot the machine.
Netstat cannot complete it's report
It does not print out the gateway?.    After the
crash the internal
sockets still appear to be working, since
no exceptions occur. I am running Python 1.52.

I am now going  to make sure all sockets are being
shutdown.
But any help would be grateful.

Thanks,
Karl.