Sockets

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Aug 28 10:25:57 EDT 2000

In article <8odh9e$qqf$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <karlsass at my-deja.com> wrote:

>I have a set of spiders running on my system, The spiders communicate
>with a urlserver & a processing server via internal sockets. The
>spiders are the only ones using Inet sockets. Yet after a while of say
>1 or 2 spiders, a urlserver and process server running , say for 3
>hours, then all of a sudden the system disallows any connections to the
>outside, eg inet sockets as well as Netscape cannot connect to other
>web located resources.

Yeah, sounds like you're not properly closing down the sockets after you
use them.  A suggestion: you might want to convert the interprocess
communication to something like XML-RPC or CORBA (using Fnorb or
omniPy).

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.  --Aahz