New user questions ... be gentle

bushi bushi at spiritone.com
Sun Aug 20 07:38:43 EDT 2000

I've only been using Python for a couple of weeks.  I have a fairly good
grounding in Pascal and C so I think I see the general framework for
Python.  I do have a couple questions that I haven't been able to answer
by looking through the FAQS so here goes.

I use pointers and linked lists a lot in the other languages.  I have
seen some references that hint to a way to do this but it isn't very
clear.  Any pointers on this would be very helpful. *grins*

I may be wrong on this but some scripts look as thought they are
executable like .exe files.  How is this done?

Looking through some of the messages here, it seems that most of the
folks contributing have a very good grasp on Python.  Please don't bite
too hard if these questions seem very obvious.  I'm just getting started
with this program.