AIX 4.3 and shared libraries linkage

juergenz at my-deja.com juergenz at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 24 05:55:48 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have a problem to build up a shared module for python. I have a third
party product which contains only shared libraries ( libxx.so ) and
generated an interface in C++ using this shared libs. I generated the
wrapper code with SWIG ( works fine ). I can compile without any
problem, but if I link this all together I get direffent results,
depends how it is linked. But I didn't get my interface for python
working this way, allway a core dump.

The environment is AIX 4.3.2, xlC 3.6.6 or gcc 2.95 ( tried both with
dieffent results ).
For linking I tried the commands as supplied by the Makefiles supplied
with python  ( but this way the shared libs are not recognized ).
Setting -bnosymbolic leads to missing symbols. Using -G leads to a
shared module, but produces a core dump on the instantiation of my
interface class.
So I made a new makefile using makeC++SharedLib for linking. but this
also leads to a core dump at module loading time.

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Juergen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/