ZOPE Python edit debug cycle

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Aug 29 11:51:27 EDT 2000

Phlip <no at spam.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> Not sure about your other problems, but Zope generally buries a Python
>> traceback in an HTML comment when it detects an error.  Try viewing the
>> source of the output.

> Site users would never think to look there!

You can alter standard_error_html to show the traceback outside
HTML comments.

[snip]
> "Martijn Faassen" <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote in message
> news:8og44d$h46$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl...

>> You can see it on the products screen, generally. Though perhaps not
>> for syntax errors; not sure. But you can always check for those by
>> trying to run the .py file manually.

> My experience was if ZOPE detected a syntax error in my edits, it would
> brand all the Product's ZObjects as "damaged" and refuse to have anything to
> do with them.

Yes, but you should be able to get information about the error in
the product management screen, right? Obviously Zope does not know what
to do with products which have no working code associated with them,
so it prefers to do nothing. :)

Regards,

Martijn