newbie: Zope

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Aug 31 18:13:34 EDT 2000

m.faassen at vet.uu.nl (Martijn Faassen) writes:
> Ah, so you found out, huh? :) DTML is horrible compared to Python.
> There are some guidelines to keep it simple. And move to Python
> as soon as you feel your DTML becomes too horrible.

I wonder if Neil Schemenauer's rewrite of PTL would be worth looking
at for use in Zope; it looks like this:

template barebones_header(title=None,
                          keywords=None,
                          description=None,
                          meta_info=None,
                          tree_info=None):
    """
    <head>
    <title>%s</title>
    """ % html_quote(str(title))
    if description:
        '<meta name="description" content="%s">' % html_quote(description)
    if keywords:
        '<meta name="keywords" content=" html_quote(keywords) ">'
    if meta_info:
        meta_info

If you think this syntax looks like Python, don't worry, you're not
crazy.  This code forms part of Quixote.

--amk