String concat across multiple source code lines

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Thu Aug 3 03:18:32 EDT 2000

"Matt" <mksql at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8mau56$28b$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8ma3r70261 at news2.newsguy.com>,
>   "Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
>
> > ...(but do be sure to include the blanks before the WHERE and GROUP:-
> ).
>
> Dang! This group is sharp! I not only got an answer to my query ;) in
> short order, but also learned to compose my examples _carefully_.
>
> But seriously folks, thanks for the replies. Your candor is
> appreciated. I know of another group where I would have been vilified
> for my typographical sloppiness.

You're welcome.  As it happens, I have of necessity developed an
eagle eye for such tiny errors (funny, considering that my sight is
anything but good:-) -- I've had to, because I'm far too prone to
making them myself!-)  I suspect this is rather common amongst
battle-scarred veterans -- "one teaches best what one most
needs to learn" (to quote Bach)...

Alex