new bitwise module [was Re: Discussion: new operators ...]

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at localhost.localdomain
Wed Aug 2 13:14:03 EDT 2000

On 2 Aug 2000 14:49:01 GMT, Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
>In article <3987AB5B.D5778B95 at my.signature>,
>Greg Ewing  <see at my.signature> wrote:
>>
>>Seriously, the matrix people were complaining that there weren't
>>enough operator symbols available for overloading... and now
>>they want to *remove* a whole bunch of operator symbols! Seems
>>a tad incongruous to me.
>
>We recruit!  We recruit!
>
>(I think we've in fact mostly convinced the matrix people that they
>*don't* want new symbols.  Now they're moving forward with all the zeal
>that only a new convert can muster.  ;-)

I was writing a module for operations that I don't use often and was
promoting its benefits to people who do use it.  If in return you could
supply a module for numerical computation that fills the needs without
introducing new symbols, we "matrix people" would be more than happy to give
it a try.  Perhaps we'd be even "completely convinced" rather than "mostly
convinced" - that would be a very effective way of recruiting. :-)

Huaiyu