new bitwise module [was Re: Discussion: new operators ...]

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Aug 2 13:06:57 EDT 2000

In article <87n1ivej31.fsf at ifm.uni-kiel.de>,
Janko Hauser  <jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de> wrote:

>May I ask, as a humble observer, that in the hole discussion about new
>language additions, we not try to build oversimplified groups of
>people. At the moment I have the feeling, that everyone using the
>Numeric Python extension is counted to the group of ``matrix people''
>which seems as an oversimplification as this is not the consensus of a
>discussion which should have at least partly taken place in the
>MATRIX-SIG or on the NumPy mailing list.

Just in case it wasn't clear, I was making a joke about "We recruit!".
I'd certainly be shocked to discover a consensus.  ;-)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

NOTE: end of September, Earthlink kills Netcom.  My new permanent address is
aahz at pobox.com.  I have not decided where to set my primary shell account.
Please do not send me e-mail condolences; my mailbox is already too big.