UML Support for Python [was IDLE development - Call for participation]

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Aug 20 19:39:10 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8q0rja.8s5.neelk at brick.cswv.com>,
Neel Krishnaswami <neelk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
>> In article <8noves$a76$1 at gaia.cdg.acriter.nl>,
>> Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have started taking the whiteboard off the wall and dropping it
>>> on the meeting table. Way better than an UML diagrammer ;-)
>>
>> That's good for brainstorming, but you lose record-keeping, not to
>> mention the ability to look up existing documentation.
>
>At my office there is a whiteboard with a xerox-thingy built in: you
>can push a button and the contents of the whiteboard are printed out
>onto a sheet of paper. I think this is the coolest thing I've ever
>seen -- there's just something *cool* about something that is so
>obviously the Wrong Thing actually working. :)

Yes.  They even have a version that connects directly to a computer and
can do OCR (see www.mimio.com).  I still think it's Not Good Enough Yet.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson