Python Trademark Status

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Aug 26 10:46:48 EDT 2000

In article <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCOEBPHCAA.tim_one at email.msn.com>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
>[Aahz]
>>
>> I think there may be a legal definition for 'trade' that is used here.
>> My understanding of USA law is that a trademark can be applied for any
>> time a 'product' is involved.
>
>Note that CNRI didn't apply for a trademark, though, they applied for a
>service mark.  If we were lawyers, I bet we'd find that fascinating <wink>.

Ah, yes.  I considered making a passing comment about that in my post,
but I didn't notice that they *had* in fact applied for a service mark.
That makes me *really* itchy.

I sincerely hope that this was simply contingency planning on their
[lawyers'] part, and that through some oversight this hasn't been
canceled yet.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom": Londo and G'Kar  --Aahz