Mail problems python.org

Guido van Rossum guido at beopen.com
Sat Aug 5 18:41:10 EDT 2000

Just as we got our access to python.org back[*], something else broke:
a disk filled up and several Mailman mailing lists were corrupted,
including python-list (gatewayed from and into comp.lang.python),
mailman-users, plot-sig, python-announce-list, and python-dev
(possibly also others).  We're working on fixing this, but we may have
to load some lists from tape, so it may be a while...

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)

[*] Starting June 30, CNRI disabled our accounts on the python.org
hosts; this explains why it has hardly been updated recently.  To
celebrate the 1.6b1 release, our access was re-enabled; we've sworn on
a stack of bibles not to misuse the privilege.  ("Us" == the 4 ex-CNRI
employees now working for BeOpen PythonLabs.)