print statement and multithreading

Paul Duffin pduffin at hursley.ibm.com
Wed Aug 30 06:02:54 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

> As to all the rest of this, I've really lost track of what you're trying to
> accomplish.  If you're concerned about writing portable C, start by
> *FOLLOWING THE LINK* above (was that subtle enough?).  Also read the C FAQ.
> This is a Python newsgroup.

Thanks for the pointer, again ..... ;-)

Is that the rereference that you used when modifying Python to make it
ANSI C ?

If so then it would probably be a good idea to make it explicit,
e.g. add a line like this to a help file, README, HOWTO, ...
including any extra suggestions over and above what is contained there.

    "This source code is written in Standard C as defined by
     http://www-ccs.ucsd.edu/c/. Any deviations from this definition
     should be considered as bugs and reported to ...."

I was just concerned that I (and others) know what you mean when you
say that Python is written in "Standard C", or "ANSI C" and have a
freely available reference. The above certainly looks as though it
could fill that gap.