[Python-legal-sig] Tired of this CLA pressure

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 09:55:28 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I now think that if PSF can not coordinate work to remove legal
>> obstacles in proper way (and not forcing peers to pursue and kill
>> those who don't obey)
>
> I say this as someone who also finds the PSF's CLA unacceptable:
>
> Anatoly, your points are not going to persuade until you stop couching
> them in this ridiculous hyperbole.

Ridiculous hyperbole is my way to replace swearing in my emotional
outbursts, and yes, I do accept that I need help to formulate them in a
proper manner if that helps, because I am completely out of oral skills
when talking about such ridiculous things as U.S. freedom of speech and
overly outdated ill-practiced copyright laws that kill people that try to
change them for better.

I am mad every time I have to type about CLA and stuff, because it
seems that nobody understands what I mean and I am just shouting in a
room full of silent and careless robots with drawn smiles on their faces.

Ok. Now I am past the point of catharsis. So, the problem can be resolved
if the opposition would accept that it deals with a hard, dumb and stubborn
opponent (me) and try to convince it. If that opponent is convinced, the
environment will again become green, peaceful and politically correct.

The way that was attempted before - "go read these books" - didn't help,
because like everyone else I don't have time for that and it's a pity. So, if
PSF could do this favor for me (even though it is generally unpleasant
task for an ordinary man who just wants to live his life), it will also do a
great favor for community and will make another good step in
self-identification of itself and its role in the complicated quest of
protecting and advancing Python and supporting its community.