(no subject)

Mauro Cicognini mcicogni at siosistemi.it
Wed Jul 17 12:02:06 CEST 2002

rferr at voicenet.com wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I'm new to python and need a connection to our ldap via python. I have downloaded the win32 version, _ldap.pyd and ldap.py.
>
>The readme file for win32 says that is "NOT SAFE" for multi-threading, but the file itself has a date mark of 1996.
>
>Is this the version I should use or has it been updated to a version that is safe ?
>
>I don't see any real install instructions (other than the readme) and I don't see any actual examples of how the calls s/b done. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get some real-life examples of binds, searches, modifies ? The included help files don't have install instructions.
>
>Thanks,
>Richard Ferry

The multithreading part is not there yet. It's a newish development in
the main tree; I haven't got the time to do it now for the Win32 part. I
hope it will get there in the next few weeks.

However, there is indeed a newer version under Win32, linked against
OpenLDAP 2.0.23 instead of the old UMich libraries. It seems to work,
but it's still in an experimental phase; if you wish to test it I may
send the installer to you. Mind though that it's for Python 2.2.

You also need to have the SASL DLL on your path. I may provide that if
necessary.

Mauro