[Python-ideas] Make Python 2.7’s online docs optionally redirect to Python 3 online docs

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:51:00 EST 2019

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> > /2/ followed by /3.1.5/.  No /3/ on first page, so no option to
> > influence better placement of /3/.
>
> You could click through to the second page of search results :-)

Obligatory XKCD: https://xkcd.com/1334/

It's unclear whether clicking a link on the second page actually
trains the search engine, though. Clicks from the first page are (a)
easier to track, and (b) more likely to be useful signals from a user,
than clicks from subsequent pages are. But then, we have no real
information about what DOES train the search engine, so take it all
with a grain of salt.

ChrisA