[Python-ideas] PEP 505: None-aware operators

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 19 20:30:09 EDT 2018

Rhodri James wrote:
> On 19/07/18 07:06, Greg Ewing wrote:
>
>> There's no such tradition for the new
>> operators being proposed.
>
> There is, actually, it's just not a long one.  C# has had null-aware
> operators for a while, for example.

THere's a precedent, yes, but I wouldn't call it a tradition.
A substantial period of time is part of the definition of the
word.

Wikipedia:

"A tradition is a belief or behavior passed down within a group
or society with symbolic meaning or special significance with
origins in the past."

Merriam-Webster:

"the handing down of information, beliefs, or customs from one
generation to another."

I don't think C# has been around long enought to span multiple
generations of programmers.

--
Greg