[Python-ideas] Password masking for getpass.getpass

Muhammad Ahmed Khalid khali119 at umn.edu
Thu Jan 14 05:07:54 EST 2016

Regarding the issue of people looking at the user typing in the password.
Unless the person looking is right next to the user, it doesn't really
matter if they look at the screen, because if password masking is enabled
they will only see the masking characters.

If the person looking is right next to the user then that person can just
look at the keyboard and the keys being pressed.

Also the main issue here is that there should be a choice provided by the
getpass function to provide feedback or not.