[Python-ideas] improve Idle

Todd V. Rovito rovitotv at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:52:57 CEST 2013

On May 10, 2013, at 5:36 AM, Alexandre Boulay <alexandre.boulay59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that could be a good idea to put colored  dots on idle's scroll bar for each def or class created,  each got its own color, that's not a big conceptual improvement but that could be helpfull to show the structure, show what is what and which class is in which class _______________________________________________

Alexandre,
    Sounds like a great idea to me!  I recommend you open up an enhancement issue on bugs.python.org then write a patch.  You could make this an IDLE extension for the editor window that way people could turn it off/on as they desire.  Another thought is to create the issue then post a link and a brief email to the idle-dev mailing list.