[Python-ideas] Python 3000 TIOBE -3%

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Feb 9 19:58:10 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 10:44:42AM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I am guessing in part that's a function of resistance to change, and in
> part it means PyPy hasn't gotten enough mindshare yet. (Raise your hand if
> you have PyPy installed on one of your systems. Raise your hand if you use
> it. Raise your hand if you are a PyPy contributor. :-)

I don't know if you actually want replies, but I'll bite.  I have pypy
installed (from the standard Fedora pypy package), and for a particular
project it provided a 20x speedup.  I'm not a PyPy contributor, but I'm
a believer.

I would use PyPy everywhere if it worked with Python 3 and scipy.  My
apologies if this was just a rhetorical question. :)

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/