[Python-ideas] Python 3000 TIOBE -3%

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Thu Feb 9 19:53:47 CET 2012

On 2012-02-09, at 19:44 , Guido van Rossum wrote:
> TBH, I see some movement in the static typing discussion, evidence that the
> static typing zealots are considering a hybrid approach (e.g. C# dynamic,
> and the optional static type checks in Dart).

These seem to be efforts of people trying for both sides (for various reasons)
more than people firmly rooted in one camp or another. Dart was widely panned
for its wonky approach to "static typing", which is generally considered a joke
amongst people looking for actual static type (in that they're about as useful
as Python 3's type annotations).