[Python-ideas] Yield-From Example 2: Scheduler

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Feb 20 03:13:58 CET 2009

Adam Olsen wrote:

> If you can propose semantics for return that don't risk silently
> eating values then I'll at least gives -0.  Until then I'm -1.

I'm still far from convinced that "eating" return values
is a bad thing. Do you worry that a value returned from
an ordinary function gets eaten if the caller ignores
it? If not, why should you worry about this with
generators?

> Microthreads need the special driver anyway, to handle all the other
> kinds of resources.

Yes, but if all you want is to recurse over a tree, and
don't want to block on resources etc. in it anywhere, having
to use a thread framework seems overkill.

--
Greg