[Python-Dev] death to 2.7; long live 2.7

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Thu Apr 10 10:01:14 CEST 2014

On 10.04.2014 04:16, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Yeah, this was mentioned a few times. I quipped to Nick that Red Hat's
> biggest contribution might be to take over the Windows Installer, but
> didn't bite. :-)
>
> But there's always the PSF. We may try to find some folks we trust with
> relevant expertise to volunteer their time in return for a stipend from
> the PSF.

The Python core dev team has a couple of people that have the necessary
experience and tools to create Windows installers. Martin has done an
great job in automating the build process, too. AFAIK the new person in
charge for Windows 2.7 builds just need the certificate to sign the
installer.

Christian