[Python-Dev] Adding Python scripts to PATHEXT on Windows

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sat Jul 27 22:14:49 CEST 2013

Any chance of this being made optional when installing? It provides no benefit for people who prefer to associate scripts with an editor and may be a source of confusion/complaints.

Env var changes typically require a reboot to take full effect, which I've also seen cause confusion.

Also, it should include .pyw, .pyz and whatever was decided instead of .pywz (.pwz, I think?).

Steve

(Apologies for the top post.)
Sent from my Windows Phone