[Python-Dev] Adding Python scripts to PATHEXT on Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 10:11:32 CEST 2013

On 23 July 2013 17:33, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 July 2013 17:11, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 15.07.13 10:26, schrieb Paul Moore:
>> > Does anyone have any objections to this? I could try to write a patch,
>> > but I know next to nothing about building MSIs, so if any of the
>> > installer experts could help that would be fantastic.
>>
>> It's fine with me. I could write the patch, but will likely forget - so
>> please remind me with every alpha that misses this. Also, contributions
>> are welcome.
>>

> Thanks.
>
> I think I have the basic idea of what's needed, so I'll write an initial
> patch. If you can check it that'd be great.

OK, see http://bugs.python.org/issue18569

As I mention in the patch, I have yet to successfully manage to build an
MSI installer (I tried a while ago, and the instructions didn't work - I'm
not 100% sure why and I'm afraid I don't have the time right now to try
again) so the patch will definitely need checking by someone who can build
the MSI.

When I get some time (probably not for a few weeks) I'll try the "how to
build the installer" instructions again and see if I can work out what went
wrong and either fix the issue or report back.

Paul