[Python-Dev] Status of packaging in 3.3

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jun 22 14:14:04 CEST 2012

On Jun 22, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Paul Moore wrote:

>And what I am trying to say is that no matter how much effort gets put
>into trying to make build from source easy, it'll pretty much always
>not be even remotely trivial on Windows.

It seems to me that a "Windows build service" is something the Python
infrastructure could support.  This would be analogous to the types of binary
build services Linux distros provide, e.g. the normal Ubuntu workflow of
uploading a source package to a build daemon, which churns away for a while,
and results in platform-specific binary packages which can be directly
installed on an end-user system.

-Barry